The water heater is one of the essential appliances of home appliances. It is mostly useful for winters, and we cannot possibly imagine our lives without it. But it is also very important to get the best water heaters according to your needs and quality assurance.
In this article, we have shortlisted the factors that need to be checked before buying an instant water heater. Some of these factors include the bathroom spacing the budget of the customer and the place of its installation.
We’re an affiliate!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Best Instant Water Heaters In India
Let us have a look at some of the best brands of both the types of geysers available in India and their reviews. Here is the list of best 6:
- Crompton IWH03PC1(3KW) Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
- Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
- Bajaj New Shakti GL 25-Litre Vertical Storage Water Heater
- V-guard 6 L Safefloplus Gas Geyser(White)
- V-guard water heater victo 15 liters
- AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 15-Litre 2000-Watt Vertical Water Heater
Crompton solarium consumes 3000 Watts of power and contains abs plastic and stainless steel outer body, copper heating element. It raises the water temperature and rust resistance along with thermal cut out, which allows you to set the highest temperature and when the geyser exceeds, it will be automatically cut out to ensure safety.
The Crompton Instant Water Heater is the solution for all your water heating needs. It’s engineered to warm up water in an instant, and its sleek design will make it a great addition to any modern bathroom!
It is one of the best water heater in Indian market. This Instant Water Heater is a product of Crompton.
This water heater is the perfect addition to your home or office with its easy installation and quick heating time.
With its durable ABS plastic construction, this instant hot water heater can withstand high temperatures and pressure without cracking. Its stainless steel heating element ensures that it will last for years to come.
It also has a thermal cutout that protects against overheating, as well as thermal indicators that let you know when the unit needs to be replaced.
- This product has a low maintenance cost, and its secure fluid flow protects your skin as well.
- Easy to install and comes free with the product(no extra Cost)
- Perfect for a small family
- Stainless Steel tank
- Value for money
- It has a warranty of 2 years only.
Havells instant 3-liter water heater consists of a pre-calibrated thermostat, safety valve, and thermal cut out. Special features consist of a fire retardant power cord and a very thick stainless steel inner tank.
This comes with a warranty of five years for the inner container and two years for the product. Best and shockproof this is a non-ferrous pressure plate, and a color-changing LED indicator. It uses 3000 watts of power and is one of the best heaters you could rely on.
Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Water Heater is a perfect choice for your home. It is easy to install and has features like Color Changing LED Indicator.
It comes with an ultra-thick stainless steel inner tank of superior grade. This water heater comes with a Fire-retardant power cord that makes it very efficient and safe to use in your home.
- Value for money
- Easy to install
- Suitable for a small family
- Good Looking Water Heater
- You have to hire a plumber to finish the installation.
- Short wire so You’ll need an extension wire if the socket is too far.
- Need to wait for warm water
- Smaller storage tank
Bajaj new Shakti 25 liter is capable of fulfilling the needs of your family and is compact and efficient. Highly adaptable with long life and more extended heat retention period, this product is highly recommended.
It consumes only 2000 watts of power; it is durable too with an adjustable thermostat and a magnesium anode for double protection. Bajaj is one of the most reputed companies in India and gives a warranty of 2 years for the product and 5 years for its tank.
This high quality water heater is an ideal choice for your residential and commercial property. This water heater comes with a storage capacity of 25 litres, which is large enough to meet the needs of a family or small office.
It has an energy-efficient design that saves you money on your monthly bills. The vertical design saves space in your home and makes it easy to install.
- Easy to Use
- Value for Money
- You have to buy the installation accessories kit like 3pin male connector, and racket wall Bolt separately.
- Round in shape
The v-guard gas comes with a smart design with an overheat cut-off. Its salient features include an automated ignition system and apply ultra-low pressure. It has a 5-star rating and can be easily installed with a user-friendly mechanism. It is one of the best tankless water heaters.
It consists of multiple safety systems and can heat a considerable amount of water. This geyser is one of the best gas geysers available in the market.
The Safeflo Plus is your best friend this winter season. Whether you’re leaving for work or returning from the office, it’s always a good idea to take some time in the morning and evening for yourself with an energizing hot water bath.
This sleek water heater is not only a stylish addition to your kitchen or bathroom, but it’s also perfect for tight spaces and families. Ultracompact in size with an easy-to-install design, this versatile unit will give you a good showering experience without the high cost of electricity.
- Instant hot water
- No need for a plumber if you have geyser ready outlets
- Gas Geyser
- No returns
V guard 15 liters water heater is another product of this company that will render you with a convenient temperature control dial and is built to last long. It is made up of high-quality steel, corrosion-free powder, and glass lined coating.
Its best feature is the four-layered safety system and hi-tech thermostat. The multifunctional valve and magnesium anode ensure maximum pressure control and corrosion-free. It has a 5-star rating and comes with a 2-year warranty and 1-year additional warranty, and offers 5 years for the tank.
The V-Guard Water Geyser is a convenient, energy efficient way to heat water for your home. It has an easy to use temperature control dial and a four layered safety system that ensures the unit can be used safely.
The V-Guard Water Geyser is built to last long and will give you years of trouble free service.
- Beautiful and sleek design
- Reasonable cost price
- Suitable for a small family of 4 people
- Takes longer time to heat water in winter
- Gap is required after 2 showers to heat up the water again
- No proper gauge is provided
The AO Smith HSE SDS is a 15 liters storage geyser line with a blue diamond glass and contains an anode road to prolong its life. It also has a temperature control knob and thermal cut out and a safety valve, making it one of the best geysers available on Amazon.
- The brand provides free installation, and it uses 2000 watts of power. It gives a warranty of 7 years for the inner tank and 3 years of extended warranty.
- The new tank saves users on energy costs by providing fast, even heat distribution and preventing corrosion.
- The new standard stainless steel or copper tank is 23% stronger due to the revolutionary technology that provides a longer life span for long-lasting quality hot water. The innovative design ensures uniform heating of your showering experience.
- With the advanced PUF injection, you will have uniform high-density foam distribution. This ensures that there are no gaps between your tank and insulation which is a major cause of energy efficiency issues in past tanks due to thermal loss through those areas where air can escape around them.
- The Efficient Inlet Water Diffuser breaks the incoming water jet into smaller streams, changing it from a vertical flow to an even more efficient horizontal one. The design of this product creates less back pressure for the pump and is therefore great in reducing power consumption.
- One of the more difficult challenges faced by those maintaining water tanks is corrosion. This problem can be avoided with a new type of alloy that works in any condition, protecting your tank and heating element from attack.
- A custom-made metal alloy for use on water storage tanks eliminates one common rusting issue – corrosion. The protective layer covers both the inside as well as the outside surface to prevent damage caused by acid buildup or freezing/thawing cycles such as condensation during winter months when heaters are not running.
- This heat-safe controller shuts down all heating elements if they reach set temperature levels for optimal safety.
- Value for money
- Free installation
- Energy efficient
- Full Temperature Control
- Customers have complained about bad after sales service
Things To Consider While Buying Water Heaters In India
Let’s look at the factors which needs consideration before buying the best quality instant water heaters.
Impact of family size:
Water heater size is an important factor while deciding which geyser will be the best for your family’s needs.
- If there are two to three members in the family and the purpose is bathing, then, the instant geyser of 6 liters would be the right choice.
- If the same family uses a storage geyser, it would require a capacity of 10 to 15 liters.
- While if the family bathes using the shower, the storage water heater must be 25 liters.
- If there are more members10 baking with the bucket will also require a 25-liter storage tank.
- If the purpose is washing utensils, an instant water heater of 1 to 3 liters of capacity will do the job.
You must keep in mind the power consumption and wattage of a water heater, which determines whether your best water heater is slow or fast. Water is heated quickly in a 4.5-kilowatt instant geyser which is unlikely in the 2-kilowatt water heater. The water heaters with more wattage also tend to save electricity, and they can put a stop to the wastage of hot water.
Water Heater Elements
- Heating Coil
- The heating element of the best water heater is very important in determining whether the geyser is good or not. The insides of the stands are usually lined with glass which prolongs its life and prevents scaling.
- Water Tank
- The tank that holds the water must be corrosion-resistant and very durable. In these years vitreous enamel glass coat has replaced the stainless steel tanks. These geysers are coated with advanced polymers and avoid scaling by hard water. They also give 5 to 7 years of warranty and are almost the same as a glass-lined coating.
- The thermostat is another important part of the instant hot water system, which takes care that the water doesn’t overheat. Its work is to decide when to start and when to stop the appliance. It contains a bimetallic strip made up of steel and copper. The thermostat is wrapped around this strip which does its work according to the response of the strip.
Most of the time thermostat temperature ranges from 30 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius. Due to heat loss, even if you forget to turn off the heater, it will cool down the temperature to normal. It would continue with this loop until you switch it off, thus saving the blasting and overheating. However, one should be very alert and remember to switch the best water heater off as soon as its need is fulfilled.
Types of Water Heaters
There are mainly two types of water heaters that are gas geysers and electric water heaters. We would strictly recommend you to use only branded electric geysers and not gas ones.
Branded electric water heaters will provide you the safety, guarantee, and good customer service. While an unbranded geyser would look more cost-effective, but it could be dangerous, and avoid not buying those that take up extra power.
You would want to look for an ISI mark on the best water heater to ensure low maintenance costs, as laid down in India. A gas geyser takes more time to heat water than the instant electric water heaters.
Electric Water Heaters
There are two types of best electric water heaters, that is, instant water heaters and storage water heaters. The instant one takes up less space and provides the hot water immediately while the storage one takes up more space, and you need to wait for a few minutes before the water heats up.
Comparing the cost of both the water heaters instant water heaters are a bit costlier than storage heaters. The instant water heater is available in 1, 3, 6, and 10 liters capacity while the storage geysers’ capacity range from 6 to 35 liters.
The lifespan of the former is considered higher than the latter and is best for washing utensils, hand washing while people prefer the latter one for bathing with a shower.
There are various types of water heaters for various purposes. Geysers are available for hard water, high-rise buildings, and kitchen purposes. A geyser meant for high rise building must have more than 6 bars and a control valve to release the pressure water and avoid the breaking of the tank, for hard water one must choose a geyser with high corrosion resistance because otherwise, it could damage the water heating element.
- Horizontal geysers are new in the market, unlike the vertical ones we have always seen. They free up the space of the bathroom wall and helps when there is an attic or a low ceiling.
- Solar water heaters are really helpful when it comes to saving your electricity bills and preserving the environment. They might require high investment in the beginning, but they will prove worthy of it in the long term. These are the best water heaters for big apartments.
Smart water heaters
Smart water heaters are our also thing these days as they allow you to control using your mobile phones. You can simply plug in the smart plugs and set the time at which you want the heater to start and stop. With this, you don’t have to worry about getting late to work, and you can get water as soon as you wake up.
Water Heater Installation:
Best Water heaters must be carefully installed by an authorized serviceman. Avoid calling a local plumber as they won’t look into the safety guidelines. He would charge you more than the service center without doing the work properly. They do not acquire the knowledge and may remove important parts considering them useless. You may later face problems of leakage.
One can easily solve all water heater problems themselves without having to contact any serviceman. Most of the troubleshooting problems that arise in the water heaters are due to the wrong installation.
In this article, we have also shortlisted some of the common problems that you may face while installing. The wall mounting space should be well checked before the process. A space of at least 2 feet is needed to install a vertical geyser. Otherwise, you can opt for a horizontal geyser.
One must also ensure that all the water pipes are clear of any obstruction or clogging. Check the water connections carefully. You may also need to buy a pressure pump separately if you encounter a low water pressure.
Installing, make sure you have the required equipment. These are two steel ribbed pipes, one valve brass, a connection point, a 15 A plug, tape, bolts, washers, and screws. One must be extra careful while installing a gas geyser as it could be very dangerous or even blast.
How to reduce your electricity bills:
A well-rated best water heater can end up lowering your electricity bills, so we advise you to get the one with the maximum ratings. There are many reasons why electricity and power are lost through water heaters.
- There are standing losses due to which heat is lost from the surface of the water heaters.
- The other factor is the amount of hot water used. Obviously, the more water the individual uses, the more will be the electricity consumption.
- Setting the temperature of the thermostat can help in electricity consumption as they are defaults set at 60 degrees Celsius, but they allow you to modify this setting externally.
- The temperature of the water which is used for bathing should also be kept in mind as it is different from the temperature of the thermostat.
- The surroundings around you can have also had a significant impact in colder countries. The heater will have to do more work to heat water and thus, more energy and power consumption.
Our recommendation would be to buy Crompton IWH03PC1(3KW) Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 3-Litre Instant Water Heater because it is the best value for money product.
It is so relieving to shower with hot water after the weariness of the day, and this is when these water heaters come handy. Electric water heaters are the best types. You just need to find the one matching your needs and follow the points mentioned above to enjoy hot water in those chilly winters.
The above-mentioned models are not only highly-rated but also budget-friendly. Maintenance is required after some time, and we advise you to keep children away from its operation. This article would have surely helped you with all the factors you need to check while buying the best instant water heaters.